This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but is accessible to any browser or Internet device.
Web management, site design, process/GUI design, content organization and management, site production, front-end programming, coordination, writing, proofing, audio/video production, client relations, creative strategy planning and problem solving.
Proficient in: DHTML, XHTML, CSSP, Photoshop, Dreamweaver (though prefer to hand code), Interwoven TeamSite, and Microsoft Office.
Working knowledge of: Flash, JSP, ASP, PHP, and SQL.
Front-End Code Team Leader / Technical Specialist
GE Consumer & Industrial
May 2002 to Present
- » Responsible for front-end technologies and code for scores of B2C, B2B, and internal sites: www.geappliances.com, www.gelighting.com, www.monogram.com and many more.
- » Supervise a team of dedicated front-end developers.
- » Devise technical solutions to satisfy customer and designer requirements.
- » Interface with other development teams to spec and develop applications.
- » Troubleshoot existing code for greater speed, accessibility and usability.
- » Establish css and coding standards for more efficient production and maintenance.
- » Advise graphic designers and application developers on best practices for the web.
Sr. Technical Producer / Content Engineer
ecampus.com - Full-scale online retailer of books and other merchandise
June 1999 to April 2001
The original code has been replaced since my departure, but the current site
can illustrate the scope of the position.
- » Part of original development team for this rapidly-built Internet startup.
- » Helped to design site architecture and content.
- » Worked as liaison between Content and IT Departments for design and implementation of all GUI-related fixes and enhancements.
- » Managed a number of full-cycle projects.
- » Consulted with other departments having site-related needs.
- » Gathered requirements from client and partner sites, and devised methods for delivery.
- » Performed unit testing with multiple browsers and platforms.
- » Made all day-to-day HTML changes and updates.
- » Analyzed site usage reports and trends.
& Production Manager
Newcomer, Morris & Young, Inc.
A full service ad agency and media production house within the same facility.
Nov. 1997 to June 1999
- » Agency responsibilities included: web design & production, account/client services, strategy planning, and conception & copywriting for all media types.
- » Production Manager position entailed estimation, coordination, scheduling and budgeting a wide range of audio and video productions from commercials to corporate presentations. Also served as producer for many said projects.
- » Received numerous ADDY Awards for a variety of print and broadcast projects - including Best Multimedia Campaign, Best Newspaper Campaign, and Overall Best of Show for the North Louisiana District.
Broadcast & Internet Producer
Oct. 1995 to Oct. 1997
- » Conception and production of award-winning radio, television and print campaigns for health care, financial, retail, cellular, and other clients
- » Design, creation, and maintenance of web sites
- » Production of printed materials - including copywriting, graphic design, and layout using QuarkXPress
Includes 12 years as the General Manager of a highly successful, multi-million dollar retail store.
Eastern Kentucky University
- » B.A. Broadcasting / Electronic Media
- » Perfect 4.0 GPA in all course work. Included 21 hours in final semester
- » Kappa Tau Alpha honor society inductee
Texas Tech University
- » Electrical Engineering Major
- » Withdrew to begin management career
Furnished upon request
Scott A. Henderson :: 1913 Scott St. :: Monroe, LA 71201